Importance of social networking sites for businessWhat is a social network? Social Networking is one of the most popular developments in our modern world. These are websites that allow people to connect with other people. They can share photos, videos and other personal information on a social network.
A social network is considered the fastest way to spread information. Today, many business owners choose to advertise through social networking platforms to promote their businesses or services. Here are the top 4 social networking sites that can be very useful for your business.
Nowadays, most internet users are on Instagram, and the importance of this social networking site is well known for businesses. However, when marketing a brand, Instagram seems to be the winner with its all-visual design.
People remember visuals more than just text. As a matter of fact, customers responses are about 40% higher to visual content rather than to written content. This makes Instagram one of the main marketing opportunities to be considered in social marketing strategies.
To take over your competitors and achieve a good level of your brand awareness, besides descend number of followers for your feed content, you should maintain a certain number of posts per month.
The challenge is to build up a reasonable number of followers and a good number of likes to gain some authority on this platform to reach as many potential customers as possible and appear in the “swipe up” feature of Instagram stories more often.
Aside from the visual aspect, there are many more reasons why this platform could be extremely beneficial. Below are some facts about the Instagram platform to give you an idea of how important a role can this social networking site play in your business marketing strategies:
Over 30% of people who use the internet are on Instagram.
Over 48.8% of businesses are active on Instagram.
The user interaction rate on Instagram is nearly 10 times higher compared to Facebook, nearly 54 times higher than Pinterest, and relatively 84 times higher than the Twitter platform.
There are over 500 million users accounts on Instagram.
More than 60% of Instagram users log in daily.
The platform handles over 3.5 billion likes per day on average.
So far, more than 40 billion images shared on Instagram.
Instagram has a relatively young user base, with more than 90% being under 35.
Facebook is currently the biggest social networking site. It’s made to connect you with friends, family, groups and businesses. Since many people are connected to this social networking site, you can use that advantage to promote your business.
With over a billion people connected to this site, can you imagine how many people your business can reach? Facebook is free. You can talk directly to those people who are interested in your business.
Facebook has a feature that enables you to create a page for your business or community. With this feature, you can build a relationship with your customers or visitors by posting your newest product or service, promotions, contests, events, sales, and a wide variety of other benefits that are unique to your business.
Facebook is a great social networking site that can drive traffic to your website. By providing links to your posts, you invite your friends, followers, or fans to check your site. With this process, you can drive more traffic to your business, which helps your search engines rank.
Having a Facebook page can help you track your success. It has a feature called Facebook insights that are used for analytics and data monitoring.
It is available only to the page administrators and is used to easily track your fan page engagement and the success of your posts. This is beneficial information in adjusting your postings or schedules. Facebook pages can also be used for customer service purposes. Visitors or customers may ask questions or make recommendations. Facebook can be used to extend your brand experience, so remember to satisfy your visitors and potential customers.
Twitter is another of the top social networking sites today. It is classified as a microblogging platform because, unlike Facebook, your post on Twitter is limited to 140 characters which are called “tweets.” If your business is not yet part of Twitter, you miss a huge opportunity to grow and improve your business.
People go to Twitter because these users are hungry for new information, opportunities, services, or products. But, just like Facebook, business owners use Twitter for different reasons. Businesses most likely use Twitter for their marketing strategy and customer service.
People can follow you, or you can follow other people through Twitter. People who follow your Twitter account will see all the postings you’ve created. If you own a business, the best thing to do is follow and be followed by interesting and influential people in your niche. Since everyone can see those who follow you and who you are following, this can affect your credibility as a business owner.
First, keep your list clean by blocking all the spammers or anyone that has a bad image on Twitter that is following you. Second, develop a relationship with your followers by posting relevant topics and interesting content to catch the viewer’s attention. Finally, if you want to find people interested in your business, you can always use Twitter’s search bar.
Since you are limited to only 140 characters on Twitter, it’s important to make your post engaging. Having a sense of humour while remaining relevant to your business is a good idea. People are still people. They like something funny but relevant. Remember that all your posts will reflect on the image of your business. You can also post pictures relevant to your business niche and make them creative to catch your followers' attention.
What is LinkedIn? This is a social networking site designed for professionals or people in professional occupations. People join this networking site because they want to be found, or they want to look for someone to hire, or they are trying to get in touch with someone.
Since LinkedIn is a place for professionals, you can share and build your expertise on this platform. LinkedIn has the capability to create groups, just like Facebook. Every group has its own discussion, news, and job postings. If you are in a business, this can help you find the perfect person to work for you. You can also find a person that might be interested in your business or products. LinkedIn allows you to make profile information about you and your company.
Do you have your social networking profiles set up on popular social networking sites? Are they helping you in any way? Feel free to let us know your thoughts by commenting on our Facebook Page.
You might want to check out our social media solutions. Let us help you develop an effective social media profiling solution tailored to honing in on your prospective clients.
Are you making the most of your online strategy? Find out today with our Complimentary Online Marketing Audit.
Frequently asked questions with answers:
What is social media marketing?
How do I start social media marketing?
- Start with your basic objectives for using social media.
- Start small, and be selective.
- Start with your basic objectives for using social media.
- Hone in on a target audience for your industry.
- Come up with a memorable handle that people will recognize across all of your social brands.
- Build a social media team or hire a social media agency to take care of professional content and strategy details.
- Get the cadence right. One of the key questions guiding your social efforts is this – how often will you post on your social sites? Is once a week enough, or do you need to do more? The answer? It depends on which sites. A good rule of thumb is if you’re writing in-depth blog posts with many words, once or twice a week is probably fine. On sites like Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, where people follow much content from many people and brands, you’ll need to step it to 3-5 posts per week. On Twitter, where volume is king, you can do more. Several tweets per day are acceptable. One key rule – don’t post, just post. Ensure each post, tweet or piece of content is relevant to your audience and adds value.
- Have a schedule, but show flexibility too.
- Develop a content pipeline.
- Mix up your social media marketing content offerings.
- Link, link and link again. Once your business has a strong social media presence up and running, you want to link people to it repeatedly and again. Of course, you don’t want to force it too much, lest people start to feel like they’re being spammed, but still – it’s important to reinforce your brand.
- Coordinate from a central dashboard. You might need to use some tool for coordinating all of your social efforts. For example, investing in a social media management platform.
- Add value for customers. Focus on adding value for customers in subtle ways. Offer them useful tips. Solve their problems and answer their questions. Recommend strategies for their business or personal lives. If you add value in small ways, the sales will come.
- Make valuable business connections.
- Be willing to try new things.
- Track your company’s social media reputation.
- Measure the results of social media.
What all is included in social media marketing?
What is the purpose of social media marketing?
What is the cost of social media marketing?
Professional Webdesign and SEO & Online Marketing Agency, Call us today for a Complimentary Online Marketing Audit.